Glowbe is a web-based virtual world for player-created avatars, rooms, games and other stuff. It is a project of Whirlwhinds Media.
Copyright © 2017 Whirlwhinds Media.
Engineers: Vox, Normal Cat, Cactus
Art: Agent Milky Way, Harry Sweetland
Customer Support Operatives: Agents
Hand-waving: Vox, Soviet Jesus
What is Glowbe?
- Glowbe is a web-based social network combined with a virtual world, based off of the Whirled source code. In Glowbe you, the player, can contribute and sell new avatars, room backdrops, music, pets and games.
- Each player has one or more rooms of their own to decorate and hang out chatting with friends. You can build out additional rooms. Most web content can be embedded in your room, including video and music.
- Groups allows collaboration with other players around shared interests, with shared group rooms, and built-in Discussion forums.
- Any player can easily upload and begin playing with avatars, furniture, games, music and more.
- Creators can post their offerings to the Shop where they are rated, tagged, and offered for sale to the Glowbe audience.
What is the Glowbe Business Model?
- Glowbe is free to play. A monthly subscription can be purchased for extra features and content.